Date of Post: June 16, 2017
Lucknow: Just about a month after TBM (tunnel boring machine) named Gomti (UP line) reached Hazratganj, the 2nd TBM working on down line has also reached below the MG Marg in Hazratganj in the middle of June.
The total length of the 5.8 metre diameter tunnel from Sachivalaya underground metro station to Hazratganj underground metro station on down line is 783 metre, out of which only 38 metre now remains to be completed.
* The tunneling in this stretch posed enormous technical challenge for LMRC (Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation) officials as the route passes below some highly congested areas, old dilapidated buildings & close to basements of some prominent shops.
* “Extensive instrumentation was therefore planned throughout the underground stretch and continuous online and real time monitoring was done by a team of dedicated experts to ensure safety of workmen and structures during TBM operation,” Lucknow metro officials said.
* Strict alignment control was maintained during tunneling operation through state of the art onboard computerized tunnel guidance system, which led to smooth excavation of earth for construction of tunnels, the team added.
* The officials expressed their appreciation & gratitude to the residents & shopkeepers of Hazratganj area for their encouraging support during the tunneling project so far.
More Information About The Project
* This 3.5 kilometer underground stretch from Charbagh – Hazratganj is a part of first phase of North-South corridor from Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport – Munshipulia which is to be completed by March 2019.
* The total length of corridor is 23 kilometer in which 21 stations have to be built.
* Out of this, 3 would be underground stations namely- Hussainganj, Sachivalaya & Hazratganj.
* Currently, LMRC is preparing to launch its first metro train on priority section on Kanpur Road from Transport Nagar – Charbagh.
* Apart from the tunneling work in Hazratganj, it has also started laying piers along Faizabad Road to compete the corridor within deadline.