Date Of Post: 23 Nov, 2017
New Delhi: L&T (Larsen & Toubro) is going to be the first Indian company to make a metro out of the country. The company will set up a worth Rs 3,400 crore metro project in Mauritius. The Metro in Mauritius will start running till 2019-20. The Mauritius Metro Rail project will be the first foreign project on which any Indian company will work independently, according to a report. Apart from this, the company has already got contracts to design, manufacture and operate the Riyadh & Doha Metro projects.
RITES Started Work On The Project-
- RITES, a Indian Railway’s subsidiary, has already started work on technical advice & he can submit his report soon.
- Work on Mauritius Metro project will be started till March.
- The goal of these two Indian companies is to start the first phase of the Port Louis Rose Hill segment by 2019-20.
About The Metro Project:
- According to the initial plan, under the project, the track of 26 kilometers will be built from the cure pipe to Port Louis.
- There will be 19 stations & 6 urban terminals.
- An agreement between Mauritius government company Metro Express Ltd. and L&T has already been done.
- India will donate half of the cost of this project in the form of a grant, while the remaining half will be arranged by the State Bank of Mauritius Infrastructure Development Company Ltd.