Date of Post: 07 Nov, 2017
Hyderabad: A key stretch of Hyderabad Metro rail is set for trial run, officials said. On Monday, L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) announced that it has received the approval for energisation of Begumpet-Ameerpet-SR Nagar stretch.
D.V.S. Raju, Chief Electrical Inspector of the Central government conducted the statutory inspection of Overhead Electric Traction System & accorded sanction for its energisation.
- In the first phase, the section between Miyapur and Ameerpet, a distance of 13 km, and another 17-km stretch between Ameerpet & Nagole have been completed.
- Shivanand Nimbargi, MD & CEO, LTMRHL said,”We are moving ahead as per our commitment to complete all statutory requirements by 20th November, making the system ready for commissioning and inauguration.”
- The State’s Chief Minister has invited PM Narendra Modi to inaugurate the first phase of the Hyderabad Metro on November 28 when he will be in the city to attend the Global Entrepreneurship Summit.
- The Hyderabad Metro Rail Project has been taken up on 3 corridors covering a distance of 72 km.
- It is the world’s biggest metro rail project in the PPP (Public Private Partnership) mode.
Image Credit: L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad