Date of Post: 26 May, 2018
L&T Construction has been awarded an Order of INR 3191 Crore for the “ Electrical & Mechanical Package” of Dhaka Metro.
Further Details :
- The order is for Design & Build order from the Dhaka Mass Transit Company Ltd. (DMTC) .
- It is worth INR 3191 Crore for Electrical & Mechanical Systems Package of Dhaka Mass Rapid Transit Development Project (MRT – Line 6).
- Line 6 is the first route of the Mass Rapid Transit system in Bangladesh.
- The project is funded by the Japan International Corporation agency (JICA) through bilateral aid from Japan to Bangladesh.
- L&T has secured the order in JV with Marubeni Corporation (Japan) through an international competitive bidding process.
- The 20 km Line-6 is an elevated metro rail system connecting Uttara and Motijheel in Dhaka, passing through the busy areas of Pallabhi and Mirpur, with 16 stations and a Maintenance Depot.
- The Electrical & Mechanical system is a design & build package and involves the construction :
- Ballastless track work in Mainline (43 TKM)
- Ballasted track work in Depot (19TKM)
- Eight 1500V DC Traction Sub Stations (TSS)
- Feeder Messenger Type DC Overhead Catenary System (OCS)
- Energy Storage System (ESS)
- Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) Signaling system
- Telecommunication system and Radio Communication based on LTE
- Automatic Fare Collection System
- Platform Screen Doors, Lifts
- Escalators and overall system integration.
- The Power Transmission & Distribution business of L&T Construction will execute the 132kV GIS based Receiving Substations, associated EHV cables from Grid Substations, Auxiliary Substations at stations & depot, 33kV Cable network along the viaduct and the SCADA system for the power supply arrangements.
- The project is scheduled to be completed within stringent timelines followed by maintenance support service for a period of 6 years.
- Being an Integrated Systems Project, it involves a significant amount of interfacing with viaduct & elevated station packages, depot and rolling stock contractors. “This major order coming on the back of Mauritius LRT system won last year, is in line with our vision of becoming a ‘Full Range Rail System Integrator’.
The project differentiates L&T in a big way and is a path breaker in our strategy to secure projects in geographies beyond India.” Said Mr. Rajeev Jyoti, CEO, Railways Strategic Business Group.
Source : L&T