Date of Post: 26 May, 2018
L&T Construction has been awarded an Order of INR 3191 Crore for the “ Electrical & Mechanical Package” of Dhaka Metro .
Further Details :
- The order is for Design & Build order from the Dhaka Mass Transit Company Ltd. (DMTC) .
- It is worth INR 3191 Crore for Electrical & Mechanical Systems Package of Dhaka Mass Rapid Transit Development Project (MRT – Line 6).
- Line 6 is the first route of the Mass Rapid Transit system in Bangladesh.
- The project is funded by the Japan International Corporation agency (JICA) through bilateral aid from Japan to Bangladesh.
- L&T has secured the order in JV with Marubeni Corporation (Japan) through an international competitive bidding process.
- The 20 km Line-6 is an elevated metro rail system connecting Uttara and Motijheel in Dhaka, passing through the busy areas of Pallabhi and Mirpur, with 16 stations and a Maintenance Depot.
- The Electrical & Mechanical system is a design & build package and involves the construction :
Ballastless track work in Mainline (43 TKM)
Ballasted track work in Depot (19TKM)
Eight 1500V DC Traction Sub Stations (TSS)
Feeder Messenger Type DC Overhead Catenary System (OCS)
Energy Storage System (ESS)
Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) Signaling system
Telecommunication system and Radio Communication based on LTE
Automatic Fare Collection System
Platform Screen Doors, Lifts
Escalators and overall system integration.
- The Power Transmission & Distribution business of L&T Construction will execute the 132kV GIS based Receiving Substations, associated EHV cables from Grid Substations, Auxiliary Substations at stations & depot, 33kV Cable network along the viaduct and the SCADA system for the power supply arrangements.
- The project is scheduled to be completed within stringent timelines followed by maintenance support service for a period of 6 years.
- Being an Integrated Systems Project, it involves a significant amount of interfacing with viaduct & elevated station packages, depot and rolling stock contractors. “This major order coming on the back of Mauritius LRT system won last year, is in line with our vision of becoming a ‘Full Range Rail System Integrator’.
The project differentiates L&T in a big way and is a path breaker in our strategy to secure projects in geographies beyond India.” Said Mr. Rajeev Jyoti, CEO, Railways Strategic Business Group.
Source : L&T