Date of Post : 09 Aug, 2017
Lucknow: Lucknow Metro has successfully completed the load testing of 2 metro trains on Mawaiya’s special span yesterday and further begun the load testing on the tracks of special steel span above Awadh Rotary on Kanpur Road.
The Load Testing has begun with 2 metro trains on the special steel span
- Two trains have been allowed to stand on both tracks of this metro’s steel bridge from Tuesday for the next 72 hours to test the load durability of the metro structure.
- “We are conducting these tests in accordance with the instructions of CMRS who came for inspection of project early this month,” said LMRC officials.
- The Awadh Rotary’s steel span is 60 metre long.
- The priority section of Lucknow Metro is 8.5 km long and is currently in the final stage of inspection by CMRS.
- In the first round of inspection, the CMRS had sought clarifications from the LMRC team on three issues:
- Whether trains can pass the load test at special spans (bridges)
- Can trains run at the maximum certified speed of 80 km / hour
- How much time the train takes to take a pause while applying emergency brakes (braking distance)
- The braking distance and trains’ speed will be checked by the CMRS himself on the spot
- LMRC was instructed to conduct the load testing by own and submit its observation reports.