Date of Post : 18 July, 2017
Lucknow: The LMRC team inspected the 2nd stretch of North- South corridor from KD Singh Babu Stadium to Munshipulia metro station.
This is a part of phase-I of metro corridor planned in Lucknow of about 23 km long which is to be built by December 2018 & commercially launched before March 2019, as per deadline set by LMRC authorities.
- LMRC (Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation), managing director, Kumar Keshav visited the under construction metro corridor of the North – South route.
- He was accompanied by the chief project manager of the corridor & officers from L&T infrastructure, which is the contractor of the elevated metro stretch.
- The North-South route has total 21 stations.
- The team Starting his visit from KD Singh Babu Stadium, they inspected the ongoing works which are taking place for the construction of metro station.
- From there, they went to Subhash Park, Parivartan Chowk to Gomti Riverside to review the ongoing piling works which are taking place across the Gomti River.
- The Balanced Cantilever Span (Bridge) which will be constructed across the Gomti River has 4 pillars- 2 at riverfront & 2 will be inside the river.
- The team then went to see the construction for the Vishwavidyalaya & IT Metro Station via Badshahnagar where Keshav asked the contractual company to improve the diversions which are installed on the major roads.
- At last they inspected all the construction work between Bhootnath – Munshipulia & gave instructions for better traffic management around construction area.