Lucknow: Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) has successfully commissioned the ‘Automatic Train Washing Plant’ on April 28 at the Transport Nagar metro depot. Through this facility, the metro trains entering or exiting the depot can be cleaned automatically at the ramp using remote control from the Operation Control Centre located inside the depot.
- The Metro washing plant has rotating plastic brush to clean the side wall of train.
- The Metro trains are first wet using recycled water & are then scrubbed automatically by the rotating brushes with soap water & are subsequently cleaned by raw water & finally rinsed with RO water.
- “After wet cleaning of the train, air blowers are provided to dry the train surfaces,” LMRC officials said.
- Cleaning of Metro trains is planned in such a manner that the trains can be washed once in 3 days, LMRC said.
- A metro official said,”The plant operation starts automatically by sensing the train speed. The minimum washing capacity of plant is 25 numbers of trains per day which can be increased based on future requirements.”
- The plant is equipped with air blower facility also to clean the dust of underframe area of Metro train.
- The hardness of water is removed prior to washing & soft RO water is used for washing, to maintain the quality of train surface.
- The Water is recycled for reuse, to avoid excessive use of water.
- The Metro trains are moved at a slow speed of 3-5 kmph to ensure proper cleaning, officials said.
- They added,”Special wash mode is provided in train to maintain the requisite speed of train also to ensure proper cleaning.”