Date of Post: 18 Sep, 2018
Lucknow: The north-south corridor of the Lucknow metro rail is likely to be completed by April 2019. The 23-km stretch from the Chaudhary Charan Singh airport to Munshipullia will have 21 stations.
At present, the Lucknow metro operates a 8.5-km section between the Charbagh railway station and Transport Nagar.
- The target is to complete the work on the stretch between the Lucknow airport in Amausi and Munshi Pulia by April 1, 2019.
- By April 1, 2019, metro rail services will become operational on this 23-kilometre-long stretch.
- So far, nearly 85 per cent of the work has been done.
- The LMRC expects that once this route becomes operational, nearly 1 lakh passengers will use it everyday.
- Presently, it takes about 90 minutes to reach from Munshipulia to the airport, but once the route is operational, this distance will be covered in 40 minutes.
- The most difficult work on this stretch is the construction of a 177-metre-long cantilever bridge on the Gomti river.
- The bridge will be completed by September 30.
To know more about recent developments of Lucknow Metro-
06 Sep, 2018 : Hon’ble Chief Minister Inaugurates Exhibition On The Occasion Of ‘Lucknow Metro Diwas’, 2018; Unveils Lucknow Metro ‘Mascot’ & ‘Mobile App’; Lauds Lucknow Metro For Being Excellent In Quality & Service
04 Sep, 2018 : Lucknow Metro Diwas, 2018: A Curtain Raiser!!!
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .