Date of Post : 25 July, 2017
LUCKNOW: Lucknow Metro Rail is expected to begin construction on the Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport Metro Station in October.
The underground station of about 7500 square metre area is to be built within 30 months, according to the contract the agency signed with Delhi-based firm Sam India last week.
- LMRC is currently waiting for Airports Authority of India (AAI) permission to begin work.
- 2 months ago, AAI gave its nod for building the station 100 metres away from the airport premises, fixing certain amounts to be paid by LMRC for permanent & temporary lands it acquires from AAI.
- “AAI had sent us a letter two months ago mentioning rates of the land we would take to build the station. We have given consent to all conditions and have been following up with them for their final go-ahead,” an official said.
The Airport metro station
- The airport metro station will have 2-storeys—concourse & platform level, and 2 entrances—one leading to the international terminal (T1) and the other to domestic terminal (T3).
- At both entrances, passengers would have to go upstairs to reach the concourse level of underground station.
- Here, LMRC will provide facilities that people may utilise before their next flight or metro ride.
- Airport metro station would be slightly bigger than the rest of the underground stations & the construction cost will also be on the higher side because of the land’s price.