Date of Post : 24 Aug, 2017
LUCKNOW: On Wednesday, LMRC (Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation) announced the fares for the 23 km long corridor from Chaudhary Charan Singh (Amausi) airport to Munshipulia.
While the maximum fare would be Rs 60, LMRC has kept the minimum fare at Rs 10. LMRC has fixed fares on the basis of total number of stations covered.
The base fare would be applicable for one Metro station, after which it would increase depending on the total number of stations covered.
- The state government is set to launch the 8.5 km long priority stretch from Transport nagar-Charbagh soon, while the entire North-South corridor would be ready by April 2019.
- The same fare chart will be followed on all upcoming Metro stretches -North-South, and East-West corridor (Vasant kunj to Charbagh). The fares are at par with Metros of India and abroad, and also competitively priced with other modes of transport in Lucknow. We don’t have to think about revising the fare chart for at least 3-4 years,” LMRC managing director Kumar Keshav said.
- There are 21 stations on the N-S corridor, including 8 on the priority stretch.
- LMRC will give a 10 percent discount on the ticket value to passengers using smart card, called `Go-Smart’.
- The smart cards will be sold at all Metro stations & each will cost Rs 200 – Rs 100 will be the fare top-up, while Rs 100 will be the security deposit to be refunded on return of card.
- LMRC will issue a full day `Tourist Card’ for Rs 200 & Rs 350 for 3-day travel to commuters.
- While Rs 100 will be the security deposit, which will be refunded on the return of card, the rest of the money can be used as fare.