Date of Post : 04 July, 2017
Lucknow: In a tie-up with LMRC, the Lucknow Municipal Corporation (LMC), will install street lights on Metro pillars all the way along the corridor from Amausi airport – Munshipulia. This would cover stretches include Kanpur Road, Sachivalaya Road, MG Marg, University Road & Faizabad Road.
Also, the project will extend to the 12 km East-West Metro corridor from Vasantkunj to Charbagh that has been planned for the next phase.
- As part of this agreement, LMRC will allow LMC to fix sodium street light fitting at the top of its each Metro pillar on N-S corridor.
- LMC will then run its electricity cables through walls to illuminate these sodium lights.
- Currently, LMC has installed sodium lights on Kanpur Road along the Metro corridor from Amausi Airport’s turn to Awadh rotary.
- “In the next phase, we will be lighting Metro pillars from Awadh rotary up to Charbagh. Since from Charbagh, the Metro corridor goes underground, we will start putting lights on the pillars from KD Singh Babu Stadium onwards. We will keep installing lights as the Metro work proceeds,” LMC official said.
Benefits From This Idea
- The process will save a lot of money for LMC which doesn’t have to put up poles which cost Rs 15,000 – 16,000 each.
- Secondly, since pillars fan out, lights installed on them would give better illumination to the entire road-width.
- It will use sodium lights on highways as it gives better lighting in fog (to avoid accidents) while for the corridor within the city, like University Road, MG Marg & Sachivalaya Road, cost-effective & environment-friendly LED lights will be used, LMC said.