Date of Post: 30 Jan,
New Delhi: Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Tuesday expressed concern over the ‘slow progress’ in the implementation of Multi-Modal Integration (MMI) plans for transport infrastructure in the city and directed the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) to prepare detailed drawings of MMI for all metro stations, officials said.
- Baijal gave the directions during the 59th Governing Body meeting of UTTIPEC (Unified Traffic Transportation Infrastructure (Planning and Engineering) Centre), a planning agency of the DDA, at the Raj Niwas.
- DDA said in a statement that the meeting, chaired by the LG, was held to discuss the action taken report on the MMI plans for metro stations approved by the UTTIPEC.
- The statement read, “The LG expressed concern over the slow progress in the implementation of MMI plan for metro stations and the lack of coordination among various agencies, like the DMRC, PWD, traffic police, municipal corporations, the DTTDC, etc.”
- After detailed deliberations, Baijal directed the DMRC to, “prepare detailed drawings of MMI for all metro stations and forward the same within 3 months to the respective executing agency for implementation on their part”.
- It said, UTTIPEC will review monthly the progress of implementation of MMI plans for metro stations.
- The DDA said, UTTIPEC has approved conceptual MMI plans for 60 DMRC Phase-3 metro stations and 10 MMI plans for existing metro stations (Phase-1 and Phase-2) during the last 4 years.
- MMI is planning of the immediate zone around metro stations to integrate ISBT/ local bus stand, feeder buses, wherever feasible to also includes approach roads, pedestrian walkways, parking areas for public conveniences.
- MMI helps in improving the last-mile connectivity and unhindered traffic around metro stations.
- The statement said, UTTIPEC made detailed presentation on the status of implementation of MMI plans by executing agencies (PWD and DMRC) on the basis of site inspection with respect to these metro stations:-
- Nehru Enclave
- Nehru Place
- Kashmere Gate
- South Campus (Dhaula Kuan)
- Mayur Vihar Phase-1
- Moti Bagh
- The meeting was attended by Managing Director (MD) of the DMRC, vice chairman of the DDA, principal secretary and engineer-in-chief of PWD, senior traffic officials and other senior officers.
To know more about recent developments of Delhi Metro –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )