Date Of Post : 10 Feb, 2018
New Delhi: Less than 20% of the components of the Bullet train project would be Japanese, the Railways informed Parliament on Friday. Minister of State for Railways Sh. Rajen Gohain said,”Japanese component for the project is estimated to be about 18.6 per cent of the total project cost. Make in India is an integral part of the project.”
- As per the current estimate, procurement from Japan will be around 18% of the project cost, according to the ministry.
- A joint Indian & Japanese task force on Make in India & Transfer of Technology (ToT) under the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR) project has been constituted, Gohain said.
- This was constituted to provide a platform for “Indian and Japanese companies to come together and facilitate tie-ups by way of formation of joint venture and transfer of technology,” he said.
- The minister said,”The task force and the four subgroups constituted for civil works, track, rolling stock and electrical and system areas have held several meetings in this regard.”
- The Bullet train project is targeted for completion by the year 2022-23.
Image Credit: National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited