Date of Post: 16 Nov, 2017
Dibrugarh: The Last span of Bogibeel bridge launched in Dibrugarh. The General Manager of NFR (Northeast Frontier Railway) (Construction), N K Prasad commenced the launching of the last normal span of the Bogibeel Bridge superstructure on Sunday. The launching of the last span onto the pier will be completed in 15 days.
Launching Of Spans-
- Of the total 39 normal spans, 38 spans were already launched by Oct 18, 2017.
- This important milestone marks the close of the critical superstructure steel fabrication & assembly works of the longest Rail-cum-Road bridge in the India.
- The first span of the bridge superstructure was launched more than 3 years ago in April, 2014.
- The Bogibeel Bridge superstructure is the first fully welded open-web steel girder bridge on Indian Railways which has been designed & executed as per European standards & entails strict quality norms in inspection & testing of the welds.
- The fabrication & assembly of Bogibeel Bridge superstructure involved more than 2000 specially trained workers working round the clock at the project site.
- The completion of launching of the last normal span will open front for construction of balance portion of the road viaduct which will link the National Highway to the main bridge.
Bridge To Be Open In October, 2018
- Also, the work of casting of road deck is progressing simultaneously from the North bank of the Brahmaputra.
- Road deck of 20 spans out of 39 has been completed.
- The Bogibeel Bridge is likely to be opened in October, 2018.