Date of Post: 23 Feb, 2019
Kochi: The land acquisition for the Metro construction works in the 1.2 km stretch between Pettah and SN Junction started on Friday with 14 land owners handed over the plots as advance possession. A total of 14 plots have been acquired as advance possession so that the construction works in the reach can be started as early as possible.
- A senior official said, this includes a 30-cent plot where the proposed SN Junction metro station is coming up.
- The authorities are expecting an in-principle approval from the state government to hasten land acquisition and target completion of the process by March end.
- A Kochi Metro official said, land acquisition process in first Phase extension reach is in final stage.
- The road widening and station construction works will be started soon.
- A meet was held with land owners and various residents associations as part of speeding up the process, the official said.
- The Tripunithura extension, at an estimated cost of Rs 356 crore includes construction of two additional lane on the Panamkutty Bridge at Pettah, viaduct construction and two stations namely Vadakkekotta and S N Junction
To know more about recent developments of Kochi Metro-
29 Jan, 2018 : Kochi Metro to launch ‘Data Innovation Challenge’ Tomorrow
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )