Date Of Post : 22 Jan, 2018
Patna: Land has been acquired for two locomotive engine factories in Madhepura and Saran districts of Bihar, Railway Minister Shri Piyush Goyal, on saturday, said. Goyal was speaking while laying foundation stone for various projects at Ara railway station through video conferencing, according to an official release.
The Locomotive Factories
- An electric locomotive engine factory would be set up at Madhepura and a diesel locomotive engine unit would be established at Marhaura in Saran district in PPP (Public–Private Partnership) mode.
- A total of 226.9 acre of land was acquired for the Rs 2,719 crore diesel locomotive engine factory.
- It will produce 1000 diesel locomotive engines in 11 years.
- 306 acres of land has been acquired at Madhepura to set up the unit at a cost of Rs 1,293.57 crore.
- A total of 800 electric engines will be built in 11 years.
Development of railways in Bihar-
- The minister said, development of railways in Bihar has always been in the priority of the Central government and work on 26 various rail projects worth Rs 18,180 crore is in progress in the state.
- He said, besides, 4 projects of gauge conversion and 20 projects meant for doubling of tracks are also going on in Bihar.
Image Credit: Diesel Locomotive Works