Date of Post: 28 Dec, 2018
New Delhi: The 9.7-km Lajpat Nagar-Mayur Vihar Pocket-1 corridor of the Delhi Metro’s Pink Line is all set to be opened for public on December 31. The section was on Monday inspected by the Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS), who has accorded the mandatory approval for the commencement of passenger operations, a senior DMRC official said.
- The section has 5 stations (3 underground and 2 elevated).
- The 5 stations are—
- Vinoba Puri
- Hazrat Nizamuddin
- Mayur Vihar Ph-I
- Mayur Vihar Pocket-1
- The official said,“This extension of the Delhi Metro’s Pink Line will be formally flagged off by Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Hardeep Singh Puri and Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on December 31 at 11 AM from Metro Bhawan. Passenger services will commence on this section on the same day from 4 PM onwards.”
- The new segment is part of the 59 km-long Pink Line of Delhi Metro, which spans from Majlis Park to Shiv Vihar.
- It is part of the Phase-3 of the DMRC network.
- The DMRC also tweeted about the scheduled opening,”Mark your calendars! Pink Line extension from Lajpat Nagar to Mayur Vihar Pocket 1 will begin operations from 4 PM on 31st December 2018. The section will connect Lajpat Nagar and Mayur Vihar Pocket-1 through Vinoba Puri, Ashram, Hazrat Nizamuddin and Mayur Vihar 1.#DelhiMetro.”
- The DMRC started its first ever operations in 2002 and presently its network span 317 kilometer with 231 stations.
- On completion of 16 years of its operations, the Delhi Metro on December 24 had inaugurated an exhibition in the upper area of the foyer of Rajiv Chowk station.
- Former Prime Minister late Atal Bihari Vajpayee had inaugurated the DMRC’s first-ever 8.2 km corridor between Shahdara and Tis Hazari stations of the Red Line — on December 24, 2002.
- As part of Phase-IV of the DMRC, a 103 km-long project has been proposed, the official said.
To know more about recent developments of Delhi Metro-
26 Dec, 2018: Delhi Metro Yearender For 2018
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .