Date of Post: 13 Nov, 2017
Mysuru: With Ashwani Lohani, Chairman, Railway Board, giving in-principle approval for the Rs 25,000 crore prioritised projects of the State, Kerala Railway Development Corporation Ltd (KRDCL) is gearing up to submit the DPRs (Detailed Project Reports) for key projects by the end of the December.
- Already, the KRDCL has roped in KRCL (Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd) to prepare & submit the DPR for the 247-km Thalassery-Mysuru railway line, before December 31.
- The KRDCL has held discussions with RITES ( Rail India Technical & Economic Service) for studying the feasibility of laying the 3rd & 4th line along the 575 km long railway corridor from Thiruvananthapuram Central-Kasaragod.
- The priority is for laying 3rd and 4th lines along the 125-km line up to Chengannur to operate the RRTS (Regional Rapid Transit System) for short-distance commuters.
- RITES will be asked to submit the DPR at the earliest.
- Sources said, the report for the initial 125 km, estimated to cost Rs 1,943 crore, has been prepared by the KRDCL.
- The DPR for a rail corridor to Vizhinjam seaport from Balaramapuram is with Railways.
DPR For Railway Hub
- Also, the DPR will be worked out in 2 months for the railway hub proposed on 47 acres at the old railway station in Ernakulam.
- Sources said, the aim is to operate north-bound trains from this hub.
- Sources said, also, the KRDCL is trying to prepare DPRs for the 65-km Erumely-Punalur line, & the 15-km Ettumanur-Pala line as part of the Angamaly-Sabari line to get budgetary support.