Date of Post: 06 July, 2018
Kolkata: The first trial run in a section of the Kolkata East-West Metro project has passed off without any glitch, an official said. With this, commercial service in the 3 km long stretch between Salt Lake Sector V to the Salt Lake Stadium, which is part of Phase I of East-West Metro, is likely to begin soon.
- East-West Metro director (rolling stock) Anup Kumar Kundu said,”The first of the five rakes to be used for commercial service in the first phase went through a glitch-free trial run on the stretch.”
- Rake, tracks, 3rd rail connection and several other components were checked during the first run and were found to be flawless.
- Kundu said,”This is one of the fastest trial run among metro lines in the country, with only 2.5 months having been taken from receiving a rake to putting it on trial run.”
- He said, while the Metro authorities have received 2 state- of-the-art coaches from the manufacturer, one more is expected to reach within a few days.
- He said,”The other two rakes are likely to reach within a month or two.”
- Passenger services from Sector V to Salt Lake Stadium, which is part of Phase I of East-West Metro, are likely to be introduced by Durga Puja in October this year, Metro Railway General Manager Ajay Vijayvargiya had earlier said.
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .