Date of Post : 16 Oct, 2018
Kolkata: The Kolkata Metro has recorded its highest-ever footfall of more than 9 lakh passengers on Shashti, the 2nd day of Durga Puja festival, railways said on Tuesday. Around 9.11 lakh passengers used the Kolkata Metro rail services on Monday.
- A railway spokesperson said,”This is the highest footfall recorded by the Kolkata Metro since its inception. The previous highest passenger count was 8.78 lakh on September 25 this year.”
- On Monday, the Kolkata Metro has run 300 services to cater the puja rush.
- It has scheduled 224 services on Saptmi, Ashtmi and Navmi during the puja.
- The metro rail services will be available to passengers from 1.40 PM to 4.00 AM.
- On Dasami, 118 services will be run from 1.40 PM to 10.00 PM.
- The Kolkata Metro has taken all possible measures anticipating huge puja rush.
- The spokesperson said, elaborate security arrangements have been made and medical personnel have been deployed at the stations.
To know more about recent developments of Kolkata Metro-
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .