Date Of Post: 13 Feb, 2018
Kolkata: Passenger services from Sector V to Salt Lake Stadium, which is part of Phase I of East West Metro, are likely to be introduced by Durga Puja this year, Metro Railway Kolkata, general manager Ajay Vijayvargiya said. Vijayvargiya said at a Press conference,”Work will be completed by June, but it will take some more time to clear certain things and seek requisite permissions. We will try to start operations before Puja this year.”
- Services to Phoolbagan will take another 3 months.
- The first phase of the Garia-Airport Metro from Garia to Ruby, will start by the beginning of 2019, he further announced.
- It may be mentioned that the East West (EW) Metro authorities had earlier announced that the first phase, from Sector V to Phoolbagan, will be operational from June 2018.
- The ventilation system at Phoolbagan station will take some more time, along with the installation of some other infrastructure such as signalling & platform screen doors, escalators & elevators, according to sources.
- A official said,”The project is entering the final underground stretch and we are confident of utilising the entire Rs 1,100 crore, allocated in this year’s budget.”
Image Credit: METRO RAIL KOLKATA