Date of Post : 11 Oct, 2018
Kochi: The Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) is likely to award the tender for the manufacturing of boats under the Water Metro project by December. The KMRL, on Monday, conducted a Public Consultation program for Kochi Water Metro Project at Kothad. KMRL managing director Mohammed Hanish briefed the details of the project to the people’s representatives who attended the programme.
- The Rs 747 crore Water metro project is likely to cover 15 routes, 76-km with 78 boats covering 45 terminals.
- Shaji P Janardanan, General Manager of Water Metro project, regarding the EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment) study, said they are expecting a wildlife clearance from Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (PCCF).
- The mandatory public hearing is over and applications submitted to ASI and State Coastal Zone Regulatory Authority.
- The RFQ tender evaluation is in progress and RFP (Request For Proposal) for the boats will be floated shortly, according to KMRL authorities.
- Hanish said,”At the same time, tender for 4 workboats, which are meant for rescue, maintenance and emergency would be floated by the end of this month.”
- For the floating pontoons, RFQ has been floated and the opening of the tender is planned on October 24.
- RFP for the same has been submitted to KfW for approval and expected to issue it in November.
To know more about recent developments of Kochi Metro-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .