A three-members team from German Bank KfW, on Tuesday visited the areas where major boat jetties are expected to come up in Kochi. KMRL (Kochi Metro Rail Limited), which is spearheading the project, had a week ago, short-listed Aecom Consortium as the project’s general consultant.
- The Kfw bank has extended Rs 597-crore (approx US$ 87.9 Million) loan to fund the Water Metro project.
- The Water Metro project is of Rs 819-crore (approx US$ 128.0 Million).
- The visiting KfW officials, Robert Valkovic, Felix Klauda and Angelika Zwicky, also held discussions with KMRL MD Elias George & officials working on the project regarding steps to be taken to ensure prompt completion of the project till 2021.
- The first lot of boats is likely to be introduced in the latter part of 2018.
- The Water Metro rail project envisages the development of 16 identified routes, connecting 38 jetties across 10 islands with a total route network of 76 km.