KOCHI: The inaugural function of the Kochi Metro at Jawaharlal Nehru International Stadium, Kaloor, on June 17 will follow green protocol.
Details About the Green Protocol:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan will attend the event.
- “We won’t use flex boards. Delegates will not be allowed to enter the venue with plastic bottles. We will issue an order regarding this prior to the function as only 3,000 delegates will attend it,” said KMRL spokesperson.
- Badges for delegates at the function will be made either of paper card or of cloth.
- As per the green protocol, drinking water will be served in glass or steel tumbler. The hoarding, declaring the inauguration of Kochi Metro, will be either of LED boards or of cloth.
- KMRL has already made a tie-up with an event management group to conduct the one-hour-long programme.
- The air-conditioned venue, where the PM will address the delegates, will be outside the stadium, and will have a capacity to incorporate 3,500 people.
- Work on the venue has already begun and is set up on 38,000 sq ft.
- “The marquee of the venue will be made in German style structure, which is fire and wind resistant.
- The backdrop of the stage will be of 100-ft-long LED screen where videos and images of Kochi Metro will be played. Synthetic carpet will be laid on the ground,” said the spokesperson.
- “We have limitations to introduce more facilities. We had to drop some innovative ideas after discussion with concerned officials due to security reasons,” said an official associated with the management group.