Date Of Post: 22 May, 2018
Kochi: The Kochi Metro rail is all set to launch world class executive dormitory accommodation at MG Road station. The Air-Conditioned rooms will have locker facility, free WI-FI, round-the-clock check-in check-out facility & security cameras. The facility will be open from first week of June.
- There will be business & economy classes in the accommodation.
- The rates will be Rs 595 for business and Rs 395 for economy per day.
- M.J Francis, director of Peters Inn, which is operating the facility, said,”The KMRL has provided 3,500 square feet of space at MG Road station. There will be more than 200 beds and unlike normal dormitories, there will be private space for each bed with reading light, phone charging point. Privacy of the inmate is ensured.”
- He added,”The facility is not exclusively for Metro riders though the facility can be most beneficial for commuters. Since an executive class and air conditioned accommodation in a city hotel or lodge is much expensive, people coming from other parts of the state for short term visit to Kochi can easily afford this facility. We’ve launched it with the aim of tourism promotion.”
- During the first anniversary of Metro rail’s commercial operation, the KMRL (Kochi Metro Rail Ltd.) has chalked out extensive plans to increase earnings from alternative sources.
- Lending out commercial spaces in Metro stations, introducing click n collect programme whereby commuters can order products at online portals and the same will be delivered at Metro stations, launching game zones in stations with enough space are some of the plans proposed to increase non-ticket revenue.
Image Credit: Kochi Metro
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .