Date of Post: 01 Aug, 2018
Kochi: Urban Mass Transit Company Ltd (UMTC) has been awarded the consultancy work for updating the DPR (Detailed Project Report) of Kochi Metro phase-3 from Aluva to Angamaly, including the Airport link, in accordance with the requirements of the Metro Rail Policy 2017. The contract is worth Rs 65.10 lakh.
- The updated DPR is expected to be complete in 4 months.
- The phase-3 of Kochi Metro rail is expected to be around 20 km long, including the airport connectivity.
- Mohammed Hanish, MD, KMRL (Kochi Metro Rail Ltd) said,“This is a step towards establishing the vital connectivity to the international airport and the bustling town of Angamaly. This connectivity assumes a great significance since several metros have utilised the airport connectivity as a game changer in the sphere of Urban mobility.”
- A DPR for the metro’s phase-3 was prepared in December 2015.
- It will have to be updated as per the new Metro Rail Policy.
- The updation work includes preparation of Alternatives Analysis Report.
Image Credit: KMRL
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .