Date of Post: 16 Sep, 2017
Kochi: The Metro Rail stretch from Palarivattom to Maharaja’s College, will be commissioned on 3 October. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan office confirmed his availability for its inauguration.
KMRL, Managing Director, Elias George said,“We’ve confirmed the Chief Minister’s availability for October 3. We’re waiting for the nod from the Union Minister’s office for finalising the date for the commissioning of the stretch between Palarivattom and Maharaja’s.”
- 5 new stations will be added to the existing 11 – these 5 stations are:
- Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium
- M G Road
- Maharaja’s College
- The CMRS (Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety) would carry out safety inspection on the new stretch on September 21 & 22, DMRC authorities said.
- The theme-based interior works will be done after the launch of commercial service, a DMRC officer said.
- The KMRL decided to open the new stretch before the kick-off of FIFA U-17 World Cup matches in Kochi.
- Also, the KMRL expects for an increase in commuters after extending the Metro service up to Maharaja’s.