Date Of Post: 06 Feb, 2018
Kochi: KMRL (Kochi Metro Rail Limited) and AMP Solar India Private Limited signed the Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) for 2.3MWp Solar Power, on Monday. This would raise the total solar power generated by the Kochi Metro Rail Project to 6.3 MWp. As per the agreement, AMP Solar India will set up a ground-mounted solar plant on the land available in KMRL’s Muttom depot.
- KMRL has adopted the Renewable Energy Service Company (RESCO) model for its solar projects, where the vendor would undertake the complete investment as well as the operation and maintenance, and KMRL would purchase power from the vendor.
- The agreement is on the condition that KMRL will purchase solar power at the lowest rate quoted by the successful bidder for the next 25 years.
- The PPA was signed by Shri. Thiruman Archunan, Director Projects, KMRL and Shri. Shriprakash Rai, Director–Distributed Generation, AMP Solar, in the presence of Shri. A P M Mohammed Hanish, MD, KMRL.
- “Today, we are very happy to add 2.3 MWp more by erecting solar panels in the vacant space at our Muttom yard. We are on the lookout for opportunities to generate more solar power and become more energy efficient,” Hanish said.
- The solar plant will be commissioned in Nine months.
Image Credit: Kochi Metro