Date of Post: 28 Sep, 2017
Kochi: The CMRS (Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety) gives approval to Kochi Metro Rail for starting commercial services on a 5km long stretch between Palarivattom & Maharaja’s College section.
The stretch is part of Kochi Metro Phase 1.
- A KMRL spokesperson said,”KMRL has got the clearance from CMRS for the revenue operation of Palarivattom-Maharajas stretch of Kochi Metro.”
- The CMRS nod for commercial operations was given after inspection of the stretch from Palarivattom – Maharajas station by CMRS team.
- She said, they checked all the technical & safety aspects & commuter facilities at stations.
- The trial run in the Palarivattom-Maharaja’s College Ground corridor was conducted in July.
- Integrated trials involving more than one train was conducted in August.
FIFA U-17 Football Matches In The City
- The stretch would be opened for commercial operations before the commencement of FIFA U-17 football matches next month in the city.
- The KMRL are planning to open the stretch for traffic before the FIFA Under-17 World Cup matches scheduled from October 6.
- The KMRL expects a significant increase in the number of regular commuters once the stretch is opened.
- Once the stretch opened, 5 new stations will be added to the existing 11.
These 5 New Stations Are:
- Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium
- M G Road
- Maharaja’s College