Date of Post: 26 Sep, 2017
KOCHI: On Monday, the CMRS (Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety) started the final safety inspection along the Palarivattom – Maharaja’s stretch of the Kochi Metro Rail. The inspection began from J.N stadium station.
The CMRS team headed by K.M. Manoharan did a thorough inspection at the first station on technical & safety aspects as well as on facilities & accessibility for Commuters.
- Elias George, Managing Director, KMRL, received the team at JLN stadium station.
- The team moved to MG Road station, after the inspection of first station.
- The inspection will continue Today from MG Road & continue through viaduct to Maharajas station.
- This will be followed by dynamic trials & visit to the operation control centre.
- The Kochi Metro Rail Limited authorities will open the route for traffic, after receiving the safety clearance.
- CMRS inspection is crucial as the commercial service can be launched only after getting the safety clearance.
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan will commission the stretch on October 3.
- The KMRL are planning to open the stretch for traffic before the FIFA Under-17 World Cup matches scheduled from October 6.
- The KMRL expects a significant increase in the number of regular commuters once the stretch is opened.
- once the stretch commission, 5 new stations will be added to the existing 11.
These 5 New Stations Are:
- Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium
- M G Road
- Maharaja’s College