Date of Post: 11 Sep, 2018
Kochi: The Chief Secretary, Government of Kerala and the founder Managing Director of KMRL Tom Jose visited Kochi Metro Rail Limited office on Monday. Managing Director KMRL A P M Mohammed Hanish welcomed the Chief Secretary. Addressing a meeting of officials, the Chief Secretary stressed the need to complete the Metro Phase 1 urgently and also make strategic preparations for the Infopark-Kakkanad and the Aluva-Angamaly sectors.
- The MD gave him an update of the Metro, Water Metro, CSML (Cochin Smart Mission Limited) projects and other initiatives of KMRL (Kochi Metro Rail Ltd).
- A presentation by KMRL officers on various matters including the status of project execution, future extension plans and proposals for its financial viability followed.
- Also, key issues which needed immediate government intervention were presented before the top official.
- K. R. Jyothilal, the principal secretary, requested immediate measures to implement Metropolitan Transport Authority so that Kochi can be the first city to have an integrated traffic system.
- The chief secretary assured support to take the project forward and promised to intervene in the issues requiring urgent attention.
- Hanish also handed over a cheque of Rs 8 lakh, the first instalment of contributions from KMRL employees to Chief Minister’s Distress Relief Fund.
To know more about recent developments of Kochi Metro-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .