Date of Post: 21 Nov, 2018
Kochi: The French Development Agency AFD (Agence Française de Dévelopementhas) expressed their willingness to consider the proposals for Non-Motorised Transport projects from Aluva to SN Junction in the metro corridor and improvements to SA Road.
The AFD has expressed its interest in projects including Aluva Junction, Edappally Junction, Vyttila Junction, Petta Junction and S N Junction and improvements to SA Road for an amount of Rs 189 crore for possible future funding.
- The team expressed satisfaction on the progress of Phase-1.
- They also indicated their willingness to consider the Phase-2, Phase-1A upto S N Junction of Kochi Metro for future funding.
- A.P.M Muhammed Hanish, Managing Director, KMRL (Kochi Metro Rail Ltd) said,“The discussions with AFD were extraordinarily positive and their willingness to consider the KMRL projects for further funding is a most welcome development for KMRL and its ambitious projects. With the help of AFD, KMRL will be able to execute these projects which will surely improve city landscape to international levels.”
- AFD had done detailed evaluation of the projects on 19th to 20th November 2018.
- KMRL presented the details of Phase-1, 1A & 1B, NMT from Aluva to S N Junction and Vyttila Mobility Hub projects.
- The team also reiterated their earlier willingness to fund Vyttila Mobility Hub, after due project appraisal from AFD.
- AFD team had visited KMRL to review the progress of Phase-1 of Kochi Metro Rail project and to study the extensions and other proposals for possible funding.
To know more about recent developments of Kochi Metro-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .