Date of Post: 19 Nov, 2018
Kochi: A 33 member team of French Development Agency, AFD (Agence Française de Développement) visited Kochi Metro on 16.11.2018. The visit was part of a regional workshop being held in Kochi for AFD’s South Asia staff from November 16-18, according to a release.
- The team visited Metro yard at Muttom, Muttom Station, Edappally Station, Edappally Junction construction site at Vyttila hub and the walkway at Panampilly Nagar, it said.
- The intention of the visit was to experience innovations implemented by the Kochi Metro Rail Ltd (KMRL) in terms of social inclusion, non-motorised transport facilities, junction improvements, station oriented developments and gender parity in Metro, the release said.
- The team was led by senior officials of AFD in Paris and India.
- Officials of AFD from India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Pakistan attended the internal event.
- AFD has showcased Kochi Metro as one of the global models for its innovations among infra projects, it said.
- The team focussed on the last mile connectivity offered by KMRL.
- Promotion of Water Metro and soft modes of transport like bike tracks, pedestrian tracks and walkways by KMRL also became a topic for the study.
All Image Credit: Kochi Metro