Date Of Post: 23 May, 2018
Kochi: A.P.M Muhammad Hanish, Managing Director, KMRL (Kochi Metro Rail Ltd.) inaugurated the 2,670kw PV Solar plant at Operation Control Centre , Muttom along with 3 directors of KMRL, D K Sinha (Director Systems), Kumar.K ( Director Finance), Thurman Archunan (Director Projects). In first Phase, the KMRL planned to generate solar power from rooftop plants being installed in 22 metro stations and the Muttom depot.
- In 2017, KMRL has commissioned the 2,148 KW of solar plant.
- Further, a capacity of additional 522 KW is now installed and the total capacity of solar power plant is 2,670 KW.
- The planned capacity of the rooftop project is 4MW.
- KMRL has adopted the method of Renewable Energy Service Company model where the vendor would invest the capital cost of nearly Rs 32 crore and carry out the operation & maintenance, while KMRL would sign a power purchase agreement and buy the power from the vendor at an agreed rate.
- The rooftop project contract was awarded to M/S Hero Solar Energy (P) Ltd at a cost of `5.51 per KW of energy drawn, for next 25 years.
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .