Date of Post : 16 Aug, 2017
Kochi: The KMRL (Kochi Metro Rail Limited) has started the process of conducting a survey as part of implementing worth Rs 747 crore (approx US$ 117 Million) Kochi water metro project in Ernakulam.
The Work on the project has started & the Union Environment Ministry is expected to give clearance by next week.
- The survey will be conducted by the hydrological survey wing functioning under the Fisheries & the Harbour departments.
- The work involves the development of 16 identified routes, connecting 38 jetties across 10 islands.
- The project likely to be fully operational in 4 years & will be implemented in 2 phases.
People Also Viewed :
- 6 December, 2017 Kochi Water Metro Project To Begin Its Operations In April 2019; Tenders For Boat Manufacturing To Be Out By December 31, 2017
- 25 April, 2017 Kochi Metro Update: KMRL to Resume Work on Maharaja’s-Pettah stretch soon
- 12 August, 2017 Expert Panel Of Ministry Of Environment Clear its Terms Of Reference For Rs 819 cr Water Metro Project
- 10 June, 2017 Jawaharlal Nehru International Stadium Set For Launch Of Kochi Metro Phase-I On June 17
- 6 February, 2018 Kochi Metro Update: KMRL & AMP Solar India Private Limited Signs Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) For 2.3MWp Solar Power
- 15 July, 2017 KMRL Starts Trial Run Between Palarivattom & Maharaja’s College Stations
- 2 September, 2017 DMRC Started Metro Work Between Maharaja’s College & Ernakulam South
- 28 September, 2017 KochiMetro Update: Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety Gives Approval For Starting Commercial Services Between Palarivattom & Maharaja’s College
- 23 August, 2017 KMRL Received ToR From Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change
- 15 March, 2018 Kochi Metro Update: Work On Second Phase Of Kochi Metro Extension To Begin After Centre’s Nod