Date of Post : 23 Aug, 2017
Kochi: KMRL (Kochi Metro Rail ltd.) has received the terms of reference (ToR) from the Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change (MoEF&CC) for The Water Metro project.
The project proposes 16 identified routes connecting 38 jetties across Ten island communities covering a 76 km long route.
Of the total 38 jetties, 35 are existing jetties where boat services from Kerala State Water Transport Corporation & private agencies are presently being operated.
- Another 18 jetties have been proposed to be developed as major jetties or main boat hubs while the remaining 20 jetties will be developed as minor jetties for water transit services.
- The whole water transportation project is proposed to be realised between 2017 & 2020.
- The estimated cost of the project is about Rs 747.28 crore (approx US$ 116.76 Million) with core water transport infrastructure estimated to be about Rs 435.37 crore (approx US$ 68.03 Million).
- The proposed Water Metro project was granted ToR on 18 Aug 2017.
People Also Viewed :
- 9 October, 2018 KMRL Conducts Public Consultation Program for Kochi Water Metro Project at Kothad
- 6 May, 2017 CMRS to Give Safety Certificate to Kochi Metro
- 26 September, 2017 Kochi Metro Update: CMRS starts Final Safety Inspection Along Palarivattom – Maharaja’s Stretch
- 9 May, 2017 Kochi Metro Update: CMRS Gives The Clearance Certificate
- 12 August, 2017 Expert Panel Of Ministry Of Environment Clear its Terms Of Reference For Rs 819 cr Water Metro Project
- 6 December, 2017 Kochi Water Metro Project To Begin Its Operations In April 2019; Tenders For Boat Manufacturing To Be Out By December 31, 2017
- 19 July, 2017 KMRL and GCDA to sign Mou On Water Metro project Today
- 16 August, 2017 KMRL Started Process Of Conducting Survey For Implementation Of Water Metro Project
- 2 January, 2018 Light Metros Proposed In Thiruvananthapuram & Kozhikode, State Cabinet Clears Draft Of Kerala Metropolitan Transport Authority (KMTA) Bill
- 15 March, 2018 Kochi Metro Update: Work On Second Phase Of Kochi Metro Extension To Begin After Centre’s Nod