Date of Post : 09 Oct, 2018
Kochi: The Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL), on Monday, conducted a Public Consultation program for Kochi Water Metro Project at Kothad. KMRL managing director Mohammed Hanish briefed the details of the project to the people’s representatives who attended the programme. The Rs 747-crore integrated Water metro project is likely to cover 15 routes, 76-km with 78 boats covering 45 terminals.
- Shaji P Janardanan, General Manager of Water Metro project, regarding the EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment) study, said they are expecting a wildlife clearance from Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (PCCF).
- The mandatory public hearing is over and applications submitted to ASI and State Coastal Zone Regulatory Authority.
- The RFQ tender evaluation is in progress and RFP (Request For Proposal) for the boats will be floated shortly, according to KMRL authorities.
- The KMRL is expecting to award the tender for the manufacturing of boats under the Water Metro project by December.
- Hanish said,”At the same time, tender for 4 workboats, which are meant for rescue, maintenance and emergency would be floated by the end of this month.”
- For the floating pontoons, RFQ has been floated and the opening of the tender is planned on October 24.
- RFP for the same has been submitted to KfW for approval and expected to issue it in the month of November.
To know more about recent developments of Kochi Metro-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .