Date of Post: 09, Sep, 2017
KOCHI: The integrated trial run of the signalling & communication system which began on August 26 in the second reach up to Maharaja’s has been successfully completed on Thursday.
The Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) authorities are waiting for the inspection by the CMRS (Commissioner of Metro Railway Safety).
The CMRS will inspect the stretch by the 3rd or 4th week of this month.
- A top official said,“The testing of the signalling and communication system which began on August 26 has been successfully completed on September 7. The remaining finishing works of the station construction are progressing at a fast pace.”
- The normal time schedule of the Metro service along the Aluva – Palarivattom route has been restored.
- The timings of the service was changed to facilitate the trial run.
- KMRL had started the trial run along the 2nd reach with a focus on coaches, tracks & the 3rd rail traction in July which was followed by signalling & communication testing.
- The KMRL are planning to open the stretch for traffic before the FIFA Under-17 World Cup matches scheduled from October 6.
- KMRL expects a significant increase in the number of regular commuters once the stretch is opened.
- The KMRL has plans to introduce special packages & revisions in ticket fares.