Date of Post: 27 July, 2018
Kochi: The Kochi Metro Rail Ltd (KMRL) has awarded contract to IPE Global Ltd for the preparation work of the Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the Rs 430 crore second phase of Vytilla Mobility Hub. The deadline for the work is 3 months.
- According to a release,“The focus of the work will be on providing seamless connectivity between various modes of transport like bus, metro, ferry/ water metro, auto rickshaw & cabs in a passenger-centric manner…The railway line passes just 600 metres north of the Hub. The feasibility of integrating the railways with the Hub too will be explored.”
- The consultant will design the infrastructure in such a way that safety of pedestrians and non-motorised transport users are ensured.
- The plan will include pedestrian-friendly connectivity from the metro station to the bus terminal, boat jetty and the rickshaw stand besides development of urban spaces and greeneries.
- It said,“The design will be prepared to accommodate all public and private buses, including interstate contract carriage permit/state-owned buses, passing through Vyttila junction and facilitate their entry and exit in the Hub through proper analysis of bus fleet size and potential ridership factors.”
- “A redesign of the Vyttila Junction and the area traffic plan will also be done,” it added.
- The DPR is expected to provide world-class facilities to commuters and drivers besides provisions for fuel stations, electric charging facilities for buses and feeder electrical vehicles, night stabling and washing among others.
- The Intelligent transport System and the Terminal Management System to facilitate arrival and departure of buses in sync with boat and metro operations are included under the scope of work of the agency.
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information