Date of Post : 29 June, 2017
KOCHI: On Wednesday, Kochi Metro Rail Ltd. in association with South Indian Bank (SIB) installed plastic recycling machines at its 3 metro stations as part of the metro agency’s initiative to go green.
KMRL Managing Director Elias George & SIB managing director & CEO V.G. Mathew jointly inaugurated the machines at the Palarivattom metro station.
- Also, the machines will be available at Cochin University & Edappally stations too.
- George said,“The Kochi metro aims at becoming one of the greenest metro systems in the world, & the plastic bottle recycling project at our stations is a part of this endeavour. We aim to have such machines at other stations in collaboration with private partners like South Indian Bank.”
- SIB is sponsoring the first 3 machines as part of its corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiative.
- KMRL will provide space for installing the machines at the stations in unpaid areas, so that even the general public can use them.
- The manufacturers of the machine, will be responsible for its operation & maintenance.