Date of Post: 31 Oct, 2018
The new Pink Line section’s Karkardooma station, at a height of 21 metres above the ground, will be the 2nd highest Metro station on the entire Delhi Metro rail network while the Dhaula Kuan station, also one of the Pink Line Section, is erected 23 metres above the ground. The Pink Line’s 18-km Trilokpuri Sanjay Lake-Shiv Vihar Metro section will be going to open for public today afternoon.
- The Pink Line Metro Section will be formally inaugurated by Union Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri and Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia.
- Constructing the segment that high was “never an easy task”, yet it achieved it without disturbing the existing operations at Blue Line (Vaishali/Anand Vihar-Dwarka), which it crosses, the DMRC said.
- The DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) said, “Construction of crossing over of Metro viaduct at the existing Karkardooma Metro station was never an easy task for the metro engineers. It posed numerous challenges to the engineers throughout the project, as this is one of the highest crossings of the metro project.”
- The Pink Line will be above 10 meters from the existing Blue Line, the corportation said.
- The DMRC also cited, a high number of ‘sharp curves’ it had to face while constructing this section of the line, forcing it to construct as many as 10 such curves along the section because of “twists and turns”.
- A few of these curves were constructed in congested areas like I.P. Extension, Anand Vihar, Welcome, Seelampur, Jaffrabad and Maujpur.
- The Pink Line section connecting Lajpat Nagar to Mayur Vihar Pocket 1 will remain to be unopened, After this stretch.
- The DMRC had said, this section will be going to open in December this year.
- After being operational, the entire 59-km Pink Line will connect Shiv Vihar in east Delhi to Majlis Park in north.
- The stretch connecting Majlis park to Lajpat Nagar in south Delhi was opened earlier in the year in 2 phases.
To know more about recent developments of Delhi Metro –
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .