Date of Post: 09 Dec, 2017
Hyderabad: Kacheguda railway station has earned the distinction of being the first energy-efficient A1 Category railway station in the country, the South Central Railway (SCR) said.
Kacheguda railway station in Hyderabad division of the SCR, has achieved 100% energy efficiency by replacing-
- 1,312 conventional lights with light-emitting diode (LED) lighting
- 370 ceiling fans with Brushless DC Electrical (BLDC) motors energy-efficient fans
- 12 air conditioners with energy efficient inverter type ACs
Image Credit: Raghu’s column! – blogspot.in
- The SCR statement said,”With these initiatives, it will save about 1.76 lakh units & Rs 14.08 lakh per annum with reduction of the connected load by 46.18 kW for Railways.”
- SCR general manager, Vinod Kumar Yadav, complimented divisional railway manager of Hyderabad division, Arun Kumar Jain, on the achievement.
- Kacheguda is a “historic and the most beautiful” railway station building on SCR and one of the landmarks of Hyderabad city, the statement added.
- It said,”This imposing structure was built in 1916 by the Nizams Guaranteed State Railway during the reign of Mir Osman Ali Khan, the seventh Nizam.”
Image Credit: South Central Railway