Date of Post : 06 July, 2017
The Ministry of Railways has extended the deadline till July 24 for the companies to submit bids for the redevelopment of Kozhikode railway station.
Further Information on the Kozhikode Rail Station Redevelopment:
- The Kozhikode station is among the 23 stations in the country that will be developed with world-class facilities.
- The estimated cost of for the redevelopment is INR 75 crore.
- Under the Swiss Challenge Method, around 4.40 acres at four sites have been identified at the Kozhikode station to be utilised for the project. The successful bidder will get the contract for 45 years.
- Over a dozen enterprises such as Vadakara-based Uralungal Labour Contract Cooperative Society (ULCCS) have evinced interest in the project.
- Previously, INKEL Limited, a public-private partnership (PPP) initiative, had expressed its willingness to take part in the bidding.
- Besides, Malaysia’s state-owned Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) has also shown interest in developing railway stations in the country.
More Details on the Development, Finance & Maintenance of the Station:
- The successful developer would develop, finance, operate and maintain the railway station during the contract period.
- “It will be a win-win situation for the passengers because railway facilities will considerably improve,” Mr. Sinha said.
- The Railways was only leasing land to firms for bettering facilities of passengers.
- The Redevelopment includes a concourse, food and beverages outlets, canopy roofing and superior flooring, escalators, and passenger lounges, he said.