Date of Post: 16 Jan, 2019
Jindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL) has bagged an additional order of 30,000 Tonne long rails from the Indian Railways, it said on Friday. In July 2018, JSPL bagged from the national transporter an order of 1 lakh tonne rails, to be supplied in one year.
- The company has already supplied 62,400 tonne rails to the Railways from its Raigarh plant and aims to complete the entire order by March 10.
- JSPL said in a statement, it has recieved an additional order of 30,000 tonne rail from the Railways.
- The company said,”The purchase order was received yesterday (Thursday). The additional order enhances the order size by over 30 per cent to 1,30,000 tonne.”
- “We are happy to know that the Railways has been appreciative of our rails, and has placed an additional order. JSPL endeavours to emerge as the most-preferred supplier of rails to the Railways for building and modernising domestic rail network,” JSPL Joint Managing Director Naushad Ansari said.
- Part of the USD 18-billion OP Jindal Group, JSPL has presence in steel, power, mining and infrastructure sectors.
- The company operates a 1 MTPA (Million Tonne Per Annum) rail mill at its steel plant in Raigarh, Chhattisgarh.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –