Jaipur: JMRC (Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation) has finalised an international firm to review DPR (Detailed Project Report) of Jaipur Metro rail phase-2 proposed between Ambabari and Sitapura. One company has been shortlisted, out of the 4 international firms, which submitted their tenders to review the DPR. The companies participated in the competition were from Korea, US, Spain & Japan.
- “The name will be disclosed after receiving a nod from Asian Development Bank (ADB) which will fund the project,” a senior JMRC official said.
- The appointed firm will update the alignment, technology & various other aspects in the existing DPR.
- 6 months will be given to the new firm to submit the revised DPR.
- The revision of cost of the project will depend on the recommendations of firm.
- The estimated cost to review the DPR is Rs 6 crore.
- ADB (Asian Development Bank) will provide loan to the firm for the same.
- In the proposal, it was mentioned that the train will run underground till Jawahar Circle after which elevated tracks will be constructed till Sindhi Camp bus stand.
- The elevated tracks will cross the bus stand & underground corridor will be constructed after that till Panipech via collectorate.
- In 2014 (DPR), the DMRC had proposed 10 Kilometres underground and 14 Kilometres elevated corridor.
- This has increased the cost of the project as DMRC estimated nearly Rs 10,000 crore (approx US$ 1554.8 Million) to construct nearly 24-Kilometres-long corridor.
- The JMRC has proposed to reduce the cost of the project, official sources said.