Date of Post : 12 July, 2017
Jaipur: The JMRC (Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation) will develop an underground parking for 150 cars at Badi Chaupar Metro station in the Walled City.
This will be the first that will be developed under the Metro phase I (B) project in the heritage Walled City.
The parking will be developed on the reversal line between Badi Chaupar & Ramganj area, according to JMRC officials.
- As the reversal line will be constructed using cut-and-cover method, the JMRC has decided not to fill the trench and develop parking & shops in the space.
- “We have proposed to dig 300 metre (long) and 20 metre (wide) trench between Badi Chaupar and Ramganj. It is proposed to construct a 2-level structure which could be used for constructing parking and shops instead of filling the trench with mud again.”
- The JMRC estimates to develop parking & shops in 6,000 square metre area – shops will be on the first level while parking will be developed on second level.
- An official said,”As per the standard rule in one acre (4046.86 sq. metre) parking for 100-115 cars can be developed. Parking space for nearly 170 cars will be developed according to the estimation.”
- The JMRC has started an exercise to determine the cost of the project.
- The estimated construction cost of the project will be about Rs 15 crore.
- The official added,”The state government has given in-principal approval for construction of market and retail shops. We are working to estimate the cost of the project.”
- It is expected to be completed in 2018.
- The JSML (Jaipur Smart Mission Ltd) & JMRC (Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation) are jointly expected to take up this project.
- “The JSML will also contribute in this project. However, any concrete decision about the construction of the project will be taken at the higher level.”