Date of Post: 26 Nov, 2018
A railway line project between Jiribam-Imphal in Manipur is expected to be completed by 2020 and will connect Imphal with broad gauge network of the country. At present, rigorous work is underway to link Imphal with Jiribam via Tupul.
Within the framework of the project, a special bridge with pillars rising to 141 meters is being constructed, which is the tallest in the world considering the height of pillar.
- Gautam Singh, Deputy Chief Engineer, Imphal, NF Railway said,”Railway work is happening for the first time in Manipur and through Jiribam it will be connected to Imphal and it will be around 110 km long railway line.”
- He said,”When the railway will come in the region, the culture of the area will change and trade will also change. Presently, materials are coming via road that will come through rail soon. Overall it will economise the trade in Manipur and everything will be cheaper.”
- The new railway line will now cut down cost and time in traveling, thus making it more convenient for all.
- The railway line passes through several tunnels and will also have a number of bridges owing to the hilly terrain that it has to cover to reach the Imphal valley.
- Keeping in mind the safety measures, the project work is under surveillance of drone cameras, CCTVs, and remote monitoring.
- The completion of this railway line is expected to boost tourism as well as shore up trade relation between India and the ASEAN countries.
To know more about recent developments of Railways–
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .