Date of Post: 26 Sep, 2017
Jayanagar: The Jaynagar-Janakpur Railway line connecting India with Nepal is expected to become functional by 2018. It is the only railway line that once used to link India with Nepal but after 2014 its service got discontinued.
However, now both the neighboring countries are making an attempt to revive this railway service.
- Mukesh Kumar Yadav, Site Supervisor of the Janakpur- Jayanagar Railway told ANI,“Talking about the progress, we are inching towards the completion. It will come under operation from the Biwaha Panchami.”
- He said,“The task of ground work has been completed, the work of the culvert is almost complete and the bridge is also in its final stage of completion.”
- The project will be completed in 3 phases & is estimated to cost 5.48 billion Indian rupees, mostly aided by the Indian Government.
- The Nayak Infrastructure of Assam, India has been awarded with the contract to lay down the 24km long track between the Irarwa (India) to Kaipleshwor of Janakpur.
- Likewise, the Raman Construction of Janakpur is constructing the 25km long segment between Kapileshwor & Bijalpur of Mahottari.