Date Of Post: 07 May, 2018
Ahmedabad: Japan’s Parliamentary Vice-Minister, Akimoto Masatoshi on Saturday inspected the sites of the Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train and the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar metro rail projects respectively. Masatoshi said,”There is a lot of interest among Indians in Japanese cooperation in high-speed rail and metro projects. Japan has a bigger responsibility to respond to these expectations.”
- He also lauded the safety measures set in place at the project sites
- The Japanese government was committed to helping the Indian government to improve the safety standards of the Indian Railways, he added.
Mumbai-Ahmedabad Bullet Train
- The Mumbai-Ahmedabad high-speed rail corridor is an under-construction high-speed rail line connecting the cities of Ahmedabad in Gujarat and Mumbai in Maharashtra.
- It will be India’s first high-speed rail line.
- It is scheduled to be operational by 2022.
- The MEGA (Metro-Link Express for Gandhinagar & Ahmedabad) is an under construction mass-transit rail system for the cities of Ahmedabad & Gandhinagar in Gujarat.
- The construction, which started in 2015, is expected to be complete by 2020.
The Japanese government has provided soft loans to both the projects.
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .