Date Of Post: 15 May, 2018
New Delhi: Soon, the Janakpuri West metro station of the Delhi Metro’s Magenta Line will have India’s tallest escalator. The metro station will have escalators at an elevation of 15.6 metres. The total horizontal length of the escalators at the metro station is 35.3 metre and the height of the escalators is 15.6 metre. Also, the total weight of each one of the escalator is approx 26 tonnes.
- Interestingly, the escalators set up at Janakpuri West metro station will break the record held by 11.6 m long escalators at Mumbai Airport’s Terminal 2, which are at present, the longest in India.
- It was not an easy task for DMRC to install these giant escalators at the metro station, according to an official.
- A 250-tonne crane was specifically used for the installation of these escalators at the metro station.
- The Kashmere Gate metro station on the Red Line, Currently, has the longest elevators of the Delhi metro’s network.
- The new metro station of Delhi Metro Magenta line has been built at 17 m below the ground level.
Image Credit: vinod rajput
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .